Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Official Bulls (Chinese) Nicknames



So Derrick went to China, and they gave him a new nickname. "Biao Feng Mei Gui", which apparently means "Speedy, Stormy Rose". Not bad. Unfortunately, the rest of the Bulls are not on the trip, and thus unable to also receive new nicknames of their own. Never fear, though, with the help of Google translator, Chitown Sports is on it!



Kyle Korver- "Làjiāo jiàng" (Hot sauce)

Oh, give me the Lajiao jiang, Kyle! Give me the Lajiao jiang!"

This might replace "Fredo" as my favorite Korver nickname.

Taj Gibson- "Yīgè rén chī de línghún" (Eater of souls)

See my favorite image of the 2010-11 season:



Carlos Boozer- "Shì wǒ de nánrén" (Was that my man?)

Yes, Carlos, it probably was.

Brian Scalabrine- "Bái màn bā" (White Mamba)

This rhymes with "White Mamba", so I'm sure we can come up with some creative chants there.

Joakim Noah- "Fúwù yēzi" (One who serves coconuts)

Unfortunately, that may be what Jo ends up doing this season. Fuck you, David Stern and co.

This is way more fun than blogging about the Cubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment