Thursday, February 2, 2012

Groundhog Credit: Bulls-Knicks 2/2

Been awhile since a game was really deserving of a credit post. However, it's about bedtime, so I'm going to have to make it quick.

Derrick- 25%
Blah blah blah big shots yadda yadda completely unguardable. However, I have to dock him a little for some of the decisions he made at the end. There are times when you can take it one on three and finish, but it's not a great idea when Tyson Chandler is one of those three. Gotta think about finding an open guy on those drives, even if it's Jimmy Butler.

TT- 20%
As much as I questioned him last night, I feel like he made the right moves tonight, especially in regards to handling Jimmy Butler. He saw Ronnie wasn't getting the job done, and made a bold move. Maybe the stubbornness is dissipating?

Jimmy Butler- 20%
I know the offensive end was a roller-coaster, but we lose that game without Butler playing the whole 4th quarter. Melo was getting whatever he wanted on TBN, and while I usually defend Ronnie's defense, Butler's extra few inches were all the difference.

Joakim- 10%
Nice bounce-back game from Jo. It would be nice to not have to write that so much.

Taj- 10%
Next step for Taj: figuring out how to avoid foul trouble, so we avoid extended periods of Boozer in the 4th quarter.

CJ- 8%
I want more CJ and Derrick time on the court together. Especially if Rip stays injured.

Fredo- 6%
Better defensive effort from Kyle, and some big shots in the first quarter.

TBN- 1%
Twitter was abuzz about how nice the play they ran for Amare was, but I felt like the idea of the play was to have Ronnie switch off of Melo to guard Amare, leaving Melo with a mismatch. While I'm comfortable with the idea of Joakim guarding Melo, I'm also fine with Amare taking an open three in that situation, and I think Ronnie not leaving Melo was the right play. The reason TBN is only getting 1%? He just isn't making open shots lately. (I realize he was 2-3 from the field tonight, which is even worse. We need the Ronnie back that was hitting threes in the first few weeks.)

No credit-
Boozer- I just...I don't have the energy for you right now, Boozer. The less you play, the happier I am, and the better chance we have to win.

2 comments:

  1. Lol... "Blah blah blah..." for Derek? Not making a real response, as I think you raised good points. Re: Boozer... He still had 16 and 9. What can be done to get him more aggressive in the low post (or at least attack the basket more often from the high post) and to get him to rotate more on defense. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was tired last night. The thing about Boozer's rebounds is that he is the king of ripping rebounds away from his teammates. I think he has 3-4 rebounds a game where everyone did a good job boxing their man out, so there's no real competition for the ball. That's why his rebound numbers are always a little inflated.

      Delete