Friday, May 4, 2012

We Need a TT Intervention

Even though I don't agree with the decision to keep Derrick on the court in Game 1, I could at least see where he was coming from with that. There is no fucking reason that Joakim Noah should have kept playing tonight, let alone come back on the court. This is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. This is VDN levels of stupid. Joakim might have made his ankle even worse, and for what? To hobble up the court a couple times, unable to jump for rebounds? In what world is an injured Joakim a better player than a healthy Taj or Omer? What the HELL were you trying to accomplish with that???

And now we're coming down the stretch with maybe the worst defensive 5 we can have (and I'm including Deng, JFB guarded Evan Turner much better) on the court to hold a 10 point lead. And apparently the offensive plan is to have JL3 and Boozer throw up off-balance shots? I'm writing this down 1 with 1:50 left, and I can safely say, win or lose, that today is the day I have officially lost faith in TT.

I don't know what the hell is going on. TT needs to protect the basket, and has no big man to do it (Asik is moving too slow), and Deng is doing a terrible job staying in front of Evan Turner. Yet he's staying on in crunch time with maybe the WORST 5 I've seen the Bulls play this year in a must-win game.

And now Deng is bricking ill-advised 3s. And we're doing nothing to counter them. This is one of the worst-coached games I've ever seen, and I've seen Tim Floyd and VDN for most of the past decade.

I want TT gone. We are not going to win a championship with him. He doesn't adapt, and has clearly shown he's too stubborn to stay out of his player's way. I have no faith in TT at all anymore.

What a terrible way to end the season.

2 comments:

  1. Whole heartedly agree with you Noah, just stupid stubborn basketball. The same shit we saw with Rose, if Thbs is going to be the unquestioned authoritative man on that team then he needs to realize when to tell his players "no you're done for the night" no matter what the player says.

    And another thing, I know CJ was bad tonight, but he barley saw the ball while we were in our free fall the last 5 minutes. I don't see how CJ could have been any worse then JL3 dribbling the ball, receding to mid court, then coming back up only to get trapped with 9 seconds on the shot clock over and over and over to kill every. single. possession. What a frustrating game to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taj played by far the least out of any Bulls big tonight. What the hell is Mike James on the team for if not to play when CJ and JL3 are ineffective? There are just so many problems with how TT coached tonight.

    ReplyDelete