Thursday, March 3, 2011

Random Notes- 3/3

Bulls

I'm sure if any game this season called for a blame game, it was last night. However, I didn't get to see most of it, and while I could dole out some blame for the last two minutes (even then there's plenty to go around,) but it might not be very accurate (although judging from Al Horford's 31 and 16, I'm guessing Noah deserves a good chunk.) If someone wants to write one up, be my guest.

Anyways, I'm looking for the Bulls to bounce back by beating both Florida teams over the weekend. The Bulls have been stepping up lately when the competition amps up, so hopefully they'll come to play Friday and Sunday, then stop taking nights off the rest of the way.

Hawks

On the flip side, the Hawks are playing as good as they've played all year, and I'm ready to declare the Stanley Cup hangover officially over. I love this picture of Toews as Judge Dredd. Ever since I semi-blasted him, he has taken the team on his back, and there's no reason the Hawks can't get a home playoff series in the first round. And frankly I'm not scared of the Canucks if that's the 2nd round opponent. There would be a ridiculous amount of pressure on them to finally get past the Hawks, while the Hawks have nothing to lose at this point. Most fans have already written this season off, and about when that happened, they started playing loose again. Either way it's finally all coming together, right in the nick of time.

Cubs

I don't care what Mike Wilbon says, I'm not "encouraged" by the fact that the Cubs are fighting in the dugout 4 days into spring training.

Look, I'm not trying to judge the Quade era on 4 spring training games. But to me, there seems to be 3 main jobs as a manager-
1. Don't run your players into stupid outs on the basepaths.
2. Don't leave your pitchers in too long (or take them out in the 6th inning of a tie playoff game in anticipation of a game 4 they didn't even make it to, you fucking moron.)
3. Keep your team from hating each other.

There's something to be said for fighting due to over-competitiveness. But I don't like the finger-pointing happening on March 2nd. That's a sign that your team isn't on the same page, and not working for the same goals. Quade, please get control of your team.

The Silva-for-Bradley trade was officially a win when Silva won his first game last year. I still blame Hendry a little, though, for the retarded Bradley signing in the first place, necessitating a trade for a guy who made 12.75 mil to add 1.8 wins above replacement, yet think he's entitled to a starting job without earning it.

Bears

Not much to say here, but hat tip to Tommie Harris, who went out with a little class. I always liked Tommie, and was rooting for him to succeed. It's the NFL, though, and you can't under perform your contract without consequences. Good job on Tommie for understanding that and being a professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment