Friday, March 18, 2011

Sometimes a Loss is a Good Thing

The Bulls had every reason to pack this one in. Down sixteen at the start of the 4th, second game of a back-to-back, the starters absolutely looking dead tired for most of the game. They could have easily put in White Mamba and Rasual Butler and looked towards Sacramento.

But Derrick wasn't having it. I believe it was a Simmons column from last year when he says, speaking from Derrick and Joakim's perspective, "we are wired the right way." I love that Derrick is not ok with losing to the Pacers, and as a result, the Bulls aren't ok with losing to the Pacers. A team takes on the personality of its leaders, and the leaders on the Bulls are competitive as hell and incredibly hard workers. The comeback fell short, but I feel better about the Bulls chances now than I did before. The Bulls will not lose for lack of effort.

On a separate note, please get better soon, Boozer. I have no idea why TT chose to play Big Sexy over Jo and Turkish D in crunch time, but he just wasn't getting it done on the boards, and Hanborough made them pay for it. I'm not doing a blame game, and lord knows Korver, TBN, and Bogans would all get a good chunk themselves, but I think the Kurt and TT show would lead the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment