Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Bulls as Ninja Turtles (Part 1)

People say to me all the time: "Tristan, why haven't you compared each of the members of the Bulls to who they'd be in the Ninja Turtles universe?" My answer is "I don't know, that probably should have been the first post ever."

So I'm going to rectify that mistake now. Ground rules: this is from the comic book canon, no children's cartoon exclusive morons like Bebop and Rocksteady. Also, players only (at least last year's players, since we don't know exactly what the roster will look like.) This means TT can't be splinter (and probably wouldn't be anyway.)

I'll start with the most obvious:

Joakim Noah= Michelangelo

I assume we've all seen the wonderful pictures of Joakim Noah and his girlfriend at the beach? (NSFW link). That is exactly what Michelangelo would have done during a lockout.

Derrick= Raphael


I know the natural inclination is Derrick should be Leo, since they're both the leaders of the team, but I feel like what Derrick did after the Heat series was a very Raphael thing to do. (Full disclosure: Raphael is my favorite ninja turtle.)

Luol Deng= Leonardo


I know Lu isn't the most vocal leader in the world, but he still exudes quiet leadership abilities, and I think after last season it's fair to say the team often goes as Deng does. When he's taking smart shots and locked in on D, the Bulls are a tough team to beat.

Kyle Korver= Donatello

Not sure why, I just have a gut feeling Fredo is the type of guy that wouldn't mind working on fixing an old truck and making up alphabetical insults.

Since I wanted pictures, I had to split this post into 2 threads. Here's part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment