Sunday, January 9, 2011

Chitown Sports NFL Pick Challenge Update

So 3 out of the underdogs win this weekend...just not the one I chose. Crap.

The good news is the Bears get the Seahawks, who are still a game below .500 on the year. The bad news is the Seahawks looked the best out of the 4 NFC teams that played this weekend, and have already beaten us once this year. Great. Although I am starting to think a Bears-Packers NFC Championship Game on my birthday is destined to happen.

Current Standings:

Julia 3
Will 2
Graham 2
Asher 2
Katz 2
GDubbs 1
BJ 1
Louis 1
Neal 1
Tristan 0
Sam 0

My picks for this weekend, which you should obviously pick the opposite of.

Steelers over Ravens (The Ravens might keep winning just to spite me, but I think the Steelers have a little too much firepower for them)
Packers over Falcons (I know I'm going against my own Super Bowl pick here, but I really feel like Bears-Packers is going to happen.)
Bears over Seahawks (The Bears are playing much better than they did when they lost earlier in the season. And I can't believe the Bears D can play nearly as bad as the Saints D did yesterday. Against Tom Brady, maybe, but not against Hasselbeck.)
Patriots over Jets (Belichick doesn't lose games like this.)

Make your picks before the first game Saturday to be eligible for 2nd round points. If you picked the next two rounds in advance, you can go back and change them if you want, but your Super Bowl pick is locked in. And get ready for my awesome comeback.

12 comments:

  1. Ravens over Steelers (Doing what Tristan said and picking the opposite of what he does)
    Falcons over Packers (Twice is two too many times to be rooting for the Packers for me)
    Bears over Seahawk (Redemption!)
    Patriots over Jets (So after Saints and Colts losses, we're done with upsets, yes?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was made out of a hundred fails last weekend. Hilariously, all four teams I was rooting for ended up losing, though "rooting" for the Eagles isn't really the appropriate word. Anyway....

    Ravens over Steelers - Last week was a great game to get their confidence up, and I really don't have any faith in the Steelers at all. I know you won't like this on "chitownsports" but I really feel like both #2 seeds kinda fell into their spots.

    Patriots over Jets - It's like rooting for AIDS or cancer. I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets win just so Rex Ryan would have to think hard about why his next matchup would be "personal."

    Bears over Seahawks - I want the Seahawks to win just so the NFC Championship is a joke, but the Bears are playing really well right now, they have a running game, and their defense is amazing.

    Packers over Falcons - Falcons are beatable at home, and I think the way the Packers are playing right now is better than how the Saints were a few weeks ago when they pulled it off.

    I went through earlier this season and categorized every team in the league as Love, Like, Neutral, Dislike, or Hate. Predictably, most teams fell into the Neutral category, but there were still a bunch of teams that I cared about. None of those remain. Worst playoffs ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steelers
    Packers
    Bears
    Patriots

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I know I'm going to hell for the this, but fuck it anyway

    http://i.imgur.com/3WLB4.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ravens
    Falcons
    Bears
    Patriots

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the record, Julia picks all the home teams.

    Asher, your pic is lovely, but it doesn't tell me who you think is going to win this weekend. Also, Kevin Love has kind of been a beast this season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam didn't get the memo and made the same picks as me. Asher picked the steelers and falcons today, and I assume will send me tomorrows picks before those games happen. Louis and Graham are still AWOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry for being tardy, the picks:

    Steelers
    Falcons
    Bears
    Pats

    ReplyDelete
  9. i picked my whole playoff scenario in my initial posting. its more fun to have to do it all early than to have be able to revise it week by week. and yes this is golbuff.

    forget the packers game tonight, here's hoping LBJs out against the bulls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Graham's official picks for this weekend are:

    Bears, Patriots, Falcons, and...Colts. Not sure that last one's going to work out for you.

    And a liveblog for the Bulls is going up in an hour.

    ReplyDelete