Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Few Random Bulls Thoughts...

Still working on those last two posts I promised on the Hawks and Cubs, but right now I'm about to pass out, so it's not happening now. I do have a few random thoughts on the Bulls from tonight, however...

1. As of 5 minutes left in this game, with the Bulls up 24, there is somehow a Bull with a negative +/-. You have -1 guess as to who it is.
If you didn't say Kurt Thomas you're probably being a smart-ass. The Raptors started the game on a 11-5 run by running everything through Andrea Bargnani on the perimeter and forcing Kurt to move around. I know only a handful of teams have a center who can shoot 3s, but there are probably very few centers who couldn't take Thomas to the basket at this point. Which brings me to point #2.

2. Taj Gibson. 8-11 from the field. 16pts, 14 rebounds in 25 minutes. There's no reason Taj shouldn't be starting right now. I can't figure out TT's logic on this one other than a desire to have his best one-on-one post defender outside Noah on the court. But Taj is a very small step down from Kurt one-on-one in the post, and a huge step up as a help defender and on offense. With Kurt and Bogans starting, the Bulls are basically playing 3-on-5 on offense for the first 6 minutes of every half.

3. I love Ronnie Brewer and Kyle Korver playing together on the wing. I know it means either Lu has to play the 4 or be on the bench, but I think their strengths really complement each other.

4. Ethan and Asher's favorite whipping boys, CJ Watson and Omer Asik, both played pretty well tonight. I know the Raptors are one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA, but do either of you want to smack them back down?

5. JJ didn't play until 2:30 left in the game. I don't know what else to say about this.

6. I hate the crowd acting like Brian Scalabrine is a side act and not a legitimate NBA player. I feel like he's shown in the past few years that he's halfway useful, and has just been stuck playing in two of the deepest frontcourts in the league. Scal would be a useful, contributing big man on about half the teams in the NBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment